Nice, Suggestion...

Talk about anything about MSN Messenger for mIRC or leave some comments.
Lordicon

Nice, Suggestion...

Post by Lordicon »

Ok first of al I would like to say that this script is the best MSN script I have seen yet, I would also like to request a few things for the next version.

1.) Maybe make the smiles work...

2.) Change it to show offline people as well as who is online, Just incase you want to email them and cant remember there email.

3.) It would be neat if you could somehow throw in the nudges and winks.

Also I would also love it if you could make a yahoo messanger and hell if it isnt too much maybe make them all, yahoo, msn, icq, aol. That woul be cool.

Anyway the msn messanger script is sweet and I hope to see some more of your work.

If you have any other scripts or mods for IRC that might make me smile feel free to email me at jaynight2001@yahoo.com
andyc
MSN for mIRC Creator

Post by andyc »

Thanks for the complement!

Unfortunately the smiles and nudges/winks would require a pretty much complete redesign of the code. Certainly last time I checked it would anyway - I'll have a look to see if there are any new magic mIRC features that will allow me to support these easier.

Showing offline people as well as online is an interesting one. Do you envisage a group at the bottom of the contact list for offline contacts, or for offline contacts to appear in their respective groups?
Lordicon

Re:

Post by Lordicon »

andyc wrote:Thanks for the complement!

Unfortunately the smiles and nudges/winks would require a pretty much complete redesign of the code. Certainly last time I checked it would anyway - I'll have a look to see if there are any new magic mIRC features that will allow me to support these easier.

Showing offline people as well as online is an interesting one. Do you envisage a group at the bottom of the contact list for offline contacts, or for offline contacts to appear in their respective groups?
Well for offline contacts I would have them displayed at the bottom of the contact list, maybe set up the groups so that when you have your own groups it displays them how you want but if you dont use groups then by default there are 2 groups Online and Offline of course Offline would be below the Online group and maybe set so that you can hide or show these in the options incase some people dont want to see there offline contacts. When making the Offline group it should be set to allow sending them offline messages so they can read it later.

Also I have been messing with your code a bit trying to figure out how I would go about doing this for Yahoo messanger as well. Im stumped so I gave up. Anyway to have all of the messangers working in IRC would be great.
andyc
MSN for mIRC Creator

Re: Nice, Suggestion...

Post by andyc »

OK, I see.

I'll have a look at implementing this, I should hopefully be able to get round to it soon.

With regards to other messaging applications, they'd need to be written from scratch sadly. Something unfortunately I don't have time for in the present, but never say never!
James

Post by James »

I really love the work on this Addon, i was thinking you could maybe created a gui for MSN for mIRC, just a suggestion, love this addon.
-James
Lordicon

Post by Lordicon »

Wow i love the update with the offline contacts. Looks great.