Login to the same MSN account from seperate computers

Talk about anything about MSN Messenger for mIRC or leave some comments.
E-Man

Login to the same MSN account from seperate computers

Post by E-Man »

Hi,

I'm always on the go, and I would like to be able to have full sync with my home computer (base station), and my mobile phone with my data plan. I know that an IRC app for Pocket PC exists, and I'm wondering if I can incorporate that application with this one to achieve this. Would this application allow me to sign in from different locations?

If not, does anyone know of an application that signs in on MSN (passport, etc), and stands by for connections in the form of a server?

Thanks!
andyc
MSN for mIRC Creator

Re: Login to the same MSN account from seperate computers

Post by andyc »

Is the IRC App for the Pocket PC mIRC based? If not, then it won't be possible to run this script on your Pocket PC I'm afraid. Actually, aren't there some 16-bit versions of mIRC still flying about? They might work...

I can't think of any program that logs in and acts as a server, no. With the advent of things like offline messaging, do you really need to be signed in to MSN 24/7?

Post by Guest »

Hey,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I would like to be on MSN 24/7 using this setup. It does not really matter if its with an IRC prog or not, just as long as both computers are signed with the same account, and even if one should happen to disconnect, the other stays connected.

Ideally, I would like to use an MSN client on my phone to connect to my computer at home running an application that allows me to talk via my phone or desktop. That way even if one disconnects, I can continue the conversation on the other.
andyc
MSN for mIRC Creator

Post by andyc »

I see what you're saying.

Unfortunately I don't know any programs that will let you do that, unless you make it yourself!