new line?! :(

Archive of all threads restored from the backup after the forum hijack
evol

new line?! :(

Post by evol »

Is it possible to make so its "$timestamp < $nick >" like normal mIRC, and not a new line after "says: "?
Tominator

Post by Tominator »

aline -hp @ $+ %msn.email.msg $timestamp %msn.msgnick says:
;aline -hp @ $+ %msn.email.msg %msn.chat.data
aline -hp @ $+ %msn.email.msg $replace(%msn.chat.data ,Ã¥,å,ä,ä,ö,ö,Ã&#8230;,Å,Ã&#8222;,Ä,Ã&#8211;,Ö,Å&#8226;,?,õ,õ,ü,ü)

You can find this at line 293 in msn.mrc (open remotes, and view it)

put ; in front of the first and third line, to comment them out (just for safety)

then add a new line after them, and fill it with:

aline -hp @ $+ %msn.email.msg $timestamp $chr(60) $+ %msn.msgnick $+ $chr(62) $replace(%msn.chat.data ,Ã¥,å,ä,ä,ö,ö,Ã&#8230;,Å,Ã&#8222;,Ä,Ã&#8211;,Ö,Å&#8226;,?,õ,õ,ü,ü)

^-- that will create a line like this: 10:22 <Nick> Hello there!

(don't just copy the line, the &#8230; things are html, because this forum-script can't handle the symbols, copy the $replace(...) thing from the third line in mirc i told you to find)

(i haven't tested it yet, but if it doesn't work, or you don't understand, ask me here)
[JaY]

another line too much :/

Post by [JaY] »

i had the same question as evol,
so i did what u said, but it only gives an mirc style for the person who you are talking to, it doesn't affect what i'm saying.
and what the person who you are talking to is saying isn't in black but in grey.. :(
how can i put it in another color?

plz reply,
grtz,
[JaY]
pred

Re: another line too much :/

Post by pred »

find the line that looks like this
aline -p @ $+ $right($active,$calc($len($active)-1)) $timestamp %msn.name says:

it will be #608-612

change it to the following and delete the line right under it
aline -p @ $+ $right($active,$calc($len($active)-1)) $timestamp 14 $+ < $+ %msn.name $+ >15 $1-

this will make a grey line, the 15 can be changed to whatever you want

To change the color of what is written by the one you chat with, change

aline -hp @ $+ %msn.email.msg $timestamp $chr(60) $+ %msn.msgnick $+ $chr(62) $replace(%msn.chat.data ,Ã¥,å,ä,ä,ö,ö,Ã&#8230;,Å,Ã&#8222;,Ä,Ã&#8211;,Ö,Å&#8226;,?,õ,õ,ü,ü)

(as said by Tominator) to:

aline -hp @ $+ %msn.email.msg $timestamp $chr(60) $+ %msn.msgnick $+ $chr(62) 15 $replace(%msn.chat.data ,Ã¥,å,ä,ä,ö,ö,Ã&#8230;,Å,Ã&#8222;,Ä,Ã&#8211;,Ö,Å&#8226;,?,õ,õ,ü,ü)

again, 15 can be anything