An Update!

Archive of all threads restored from the backup after the forum hijack
andyc
MSN for mIRC Creator

An Update!

Post by andyc »

OK - I haven't updated the site in a while, been snowed under with loads of work to do!

I'm a bit worried about this at the moment: Click http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/0 ... 85&tid=187 and http://www.infoworld.com/article/03/08/ ... own_1.html.

This could mean that MSN Messenger for mIRC (or any other 3rd party client for that matter) may not work after October 15th.

I'll see what can be done about getting a licence for it to run on mIRC, but I doubt it'll get accepted because it's open source and everything, MS aren't a great fan of open source stuff.

If it does still work after October 15th I will continue developing MSN for mIRC, and it'll bigger and better than ever!
Hayden

Help!?!

Post by Hayden »

Any word yet?
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

yeah, we're all wondering :)
Guest32433532

Login

Post by Guest32433532 »

I assume all that needs to be done is figure out how to get the ticket number by connecting to login.passport.com on port 443. Cause that's where I'm stuck.
raul_valencia

Re: An Update!

Post by raul_valencia »

/sockopen: 'lalala' socket in use (line 13, msnnewver.mrc)???????????????????????????
Guest32433532

Post by Guest32433532 »

My understanding is that the script should not work period with the MSN servers. The login method needs to be updated. It uses TWN instead of MD5. And TWN is harder to do since the author is going to have to connect to like login.passport.com port 443 and send the username, password, and challenge string to retrieve the ticket.
tonka

We need to get it back working!

Post by tonka »

I really love (loved :( ) this messenger, it's very useful. I never liked the official versions :lol:
andyc
MSN for mIRC Creator

Post by andyc »

I'm currently working on it!

I have to sort out password authing with the new system, as soon as I have done this it'll be sorted.

Anyone good with mIRC fancy giving me a hand? :D
guestt

Post by guestt »

what kind of help do u need, andyc?
i am not newbie nor expert to mirc scripting so tell me what help you need. if i can help i will mail u for more info
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

when MSN made their last 'major changes', all they did, was include the necessity of a third cookie (regcookie). once you added that info to your connection protocal, the connection was established.

well, because they ARE msn (and therefore idiots), they did the same thing again. with their new 'major changes', all that was done, was a 4th cookie was added to the connection protocal, this one showing 'subscriber status'. in addition, the servers for messenger were changed so that only versions 5.x and up could connect (reason: because these could show subscriber status and earlier versions couldn't). in under a week scriptors had decompiled this, and come up with the method of inputting this new cookie info back into their connection protocals, and were back chatting in MSN... why? I don't know. you can't get a worse network then MSN, but hopefully this helps with the msn for mirc (which i DO like).
Tech
I'm Helpful!

Re: Login

Post by Tech »

Guest32433532 wrote:I assume all that needs to be done is figure out how to get the ticket number by connecting to login.passport.com on port 443. Cause that's where I'm stuck.
There are many ways to do something. Most of them are wroung.
For email use HTTP codes sent to server with cookie information after login. (Simple easy fast)

For the rest use 127.0.0.1:80 to setup a "proxy server" with your computer as the host. Once the program (MSN) connects open socket to server with requested information. Print requested information.

(NT has many software options in the connection listen area that allow you to replace some variables even setup to auto HTTP convert for sockets.)
If we create A.I. wouldn't we be promoted to the position of God?
Tech
I'm Helpful!

Post by Tech »

cassandra wrote:in under a week scriptors had decompiled this, and come up with the method of inputting this new cookie info back into their connection protocals
Decompileing to gather a cookie is rather pointless, when you could just listen to the socket by running it over a proxy. It takes much longer to decompile than it does to setup a simple server. Next time try the 127.0.0.1 method. You'll be happy you did.

O and andy guess whos back? :P
meekaaku

error: No such Com 'auth' open (line 15, msnauth.mrc)

Post by meekaaku »

when i try to log in using msn for mirc i get the error

No such Com 'auth' open (line 15, msnauth.mrc)

i am using mirc 6.03 and msnformirc 3.20

is it because i am missing a dll file?. and if so where can i get it?

TIA
Tech
I'm Helpful!

Post by Tech »

You should seriously think about redoing the msn auth scripts.
Stannum

Post by Stannum »

I had that too. Try unloading all msn scripts, then reload msn.mrc. This fixed it for me.