Some usefull fucntions

Archive of all threads restored from the backup after the forum hijack
t0maz

Some usefull fucntions

Post by t0maz »

These functions might be usefull in the (one of the) next release(s):

- Display the old msn name in the dialog 'New msn name', so that little modifactions can be made to the old msn name w/o searching all variables for your old msn name.
- In the 'block list' window a popup-menu with the option to unblock a user.
- A sound when you disconnect would be most usefull.
- The 'new e-mail' must dissapear after a while (for example 30 secs) and then a note appears in the LOG, and maybe an option to just not get the dialog, becuase I find that dialog rather irritating.

bye
andyc
MSN for mIRC Creator

Post by andyc »

- Display the old msn name in the dialog 'New msn name', so that little modifactions can be made to the old msn name w/o searching all variables for your old msn name.
- The 'new e-mail' must dissapear after a while (for example 30 secs) and then a note appears in the LOG, and maybe an option to just not get the dialog, becuase I find that dialog rather irritating.
All of the above will be in the next version.

Andy

Post by Guest »

but what about window flashing on message?
t0maz

Post by t0maz »

andyc wrote:
All of the above will be in the next version.

Andy
GREAT!
Moses420ca
I'm Helpful!

auto reconnect feature as well?

Post by Moses420ca »

An auto reconnect feature and making it so a new incoming message when it pops up, doesn't take focus from what your typing in. I don't know about anyone else but I look at the keyboard when I type. Keep up the awesome work Andy.
t0maz

Post by t0maz »

I look at the screen when I'm typing... there is a way that you dont loose your focus. Just find the line where the window is opened in the script and in the parameter list (for example -ek0zdl20) put an "n" somewhere (so that it becomes -ek0zdl20n for example...).
mIRC Help wrote:n = minimize window
I myself couldnt find the correct line...
Moses420ca
I'm Helpful!

the line is said on this thread.

Post by Moses420ca »

t0maz

Post by t0maz »

n0pe, that's the line of the main Messenger window, not the chat window... too bad :(
Moses420ca
I'm Helpful!

right on.

Post by Moses420ca »

aww, ok.
Moses420ca
I'm Helpful!

you should timestamp the user closing the window.

Post by Moses420ca »

You should timestamp the user closing the window. I get that message, "user has left the conversation (closed the window)" even when the user minimizes thier window too. Also, if I leave a message unanswered, it keeps saying it over and over. Is that normal? is my messeger opening a conversation window everytime?