connect problems!

Talk about anything about MSN Messenger for mIRC or leave some comments.
k0mp0

connect problems!

Post by k0mp0 »

Just grabbed an older copy of this script and upgraded to the latest after getting the pop up update in mirc.. and i'm trying to connect now but i get this message:

v3.46
---- Message of the Day ----
SOLUTION: * /sockwrite: 'msn' not connected (line 144, msn.mrc) - Type /set %msn.server messenger.hotmail.com then reconnect.
*** Connecting...
*** Authorising via SSL... (this may take a while)
*** Disconnected

so i try doing that "/set %msn.server messenger.hotmail.com" thing but i see nothing change and reconnect or quit / reconnect still does the same thing with the same message.

i also get this in the status window when trying to connect..

MSNAUTH Unknown command
-
MSNAUTH2 Unknown command

can anyone suggest what i can do?
andyc
MSN for mIRC Creator

Post by andyc »

This was a known problem, it should have now been fixed.

Download version 3.48 and let me know if the problem remains.
Pagans

Won't Connect

Post by Pagans »

Same problem here,

Except I upgraded to the newest release, I was connecting before, now I'm not. The script keeps rewriting the %msn.server data everytime, I reset it and it rewrites it upon running.

%msn.server-old 207.46.106.56
%msn.server-newer 207.46.0.24
%msn.server messenger.hotmail.com
%msn.server.archive messenger.hotmail.com

Keeps rewriting %msn.server to some variation of 207.46.xx.xx after resetting it back to %msn.server messenger.hotmail.com

Does not appear to accept nor save any msn password that has ! as it's first character.

Fatal error that I'm getting is:
* No such Com 'auth' open (line 15, msnauth2kxp.mrc)

Wish there were more error reporting tools here.

It was running on the 3.25 version, now its dead in the water, can't log in, I'm getting thru the firewall, but No Such Com 'auth' open, likely the bug with the password.

Pagans
Pagans

Connection Problem Solved

Post by Pagans »

Greetings,

Apparently the author decided not to include a critically needed connection .dll file, perhaps the author thought that windows always had that file in the System32 folder. Looking thru the locked archives, the solution was evident and immediately solved my connection Auth problem.

1. Grab the dll file from http://www.pipeboost.com/downloads/winhttp5.dll
2. Copy the dll file to your system32 folder
3. Register the dll with Start->Run and type regsvr32 winhttp5.dll
4. Reconnect your Msn 4 mIRC

Archived Locked Message from meekaaku on this is found via this link:
http://www.burningimage.net/msn/forum/v ... .php?t=156

It appears this file works fine with Windows OS 98SE also.

Pagans
andyc
MSN for mIRC Creator

Re: connect problems!

Post by andyc »

k0mp0 wrote: i also get this in the status window when trying to connect..

MSNAUTH Unknown command
-
MSNAUTH2 Unknown command

can anyone suggest what i can do?
The file named msnauth2kxp.mrc hasn't loaded.

Did you click "Yes" in the mIRC prompt that appeared when you first installed the script? If you didn't, then you'll need to load every mrc file manually, from the msn directory.
andyc
MSN for mIRC Creator

Re: Won't Connect

Post by andyc »

Pagans wrote: Keeps rewriting %msn.server to some variation of 207.46.xx.xx after resetting it back to %msn.server messenger.hotmail.com
The current version shouldn't ever write to the %msn.server variable, except for when you first install the script.

Ensure that you have version 3.48 installed correctly.

Thanks for a link to the auth dll. Sadly, I can't include it with the package for various reasons, not least because windows doesn't like me manually manipulating and writing files to the system32 directory from within the script.
Pagans

Connection Problems

Post by Pagans »

Greetings andyc,

Thank you, I'm almost back to the point I once was with Msn for mIRC v3.25. one of the sticking points is the new variable in v3.48 %msn.chat.data appears to be fairly dynamic and I'm having difficulty locating a stable place to set a copy of the actual variable string sent from a remote user which is stored in %msn.chat.data minus all the handshaking before and after.

In msn.mirc
on *:sockread:chat*:

I want to:
set msn.im.portal %msn.chat.data

Even when I filter out the handshaking data etc., I still keep get mixed results:

%msn.im.portal ANS 1 OK
%msn.chat.data Testing one and two and three

What I want to accomplish is:

%msn.im.portal Testing one and two and three
%msn.chat.data Testing one and two and three

Msn servers being improperly updated:
I've unloaded a old script of Tmsn which had been unused for sometime now and was likely being called up in a Do Loop and resetting the msn server information incorrectly, after I unloaded that unused script, the msn server updates appeared to go away.

Thank you for your help and consideration,
Pagans
bloch

msn on irc

Post by bloch »

you fukin rule dude, works on win98 with the winhttp5.dll thingy on the run bar cooooooool msn or irc fuckin great hihi :twisted:

:!: :D