Help Needed! Remote User Keep Alive

Talk about anything about MSN Messenger for mIRC or leave some comments.
Pagans

Post by Pagans »

Greetings,

I'm trying to keep another msn IM session logged into msn 4 mirc as a anchor. The problem that is occuring with msn 4 mirc v3.48 is that it keeps disconnecting that remote session after just acouple minutes of inactivity from the remote user.

I've tried a automated ... output to that remote session to try and keep that connection alive and active, but that is only one way and after only afew minutes of no output from the remote session, msn 4 mirc shows:

10*** So and So has left the conversation (closed the window)

Then my automated ... output to that remote session generates errors.

The moment I simply tap the keyboard on that remote session, I get:

*** So and So has joined the conversation

I need to keep that single remote session alive and active.

In msn 4 mirc control panel, I've disabled the auto idle.

Thoughts and Suggestions would be appreciated,

Pagans
andyc
MSN for mIRC Creator

Post by andyc »

This is a 'feature' of MSN Messenger 7.0.

MSN 7 automatically closes the conversation after a small period of inactivity, whereas MSN 6 used to keep the connection alive while the window was open.

There's not a lot you can do about it, apart from using MSN 6, because it's MSN that's closing the connection, it's nothing to do with MSN for mIRC.
Pagans

Post by Pagans »

Greetings andyc,

Ok, thanks for the update on that. I've decreased my auto notice to 3 minutes sending a blast of ... to that remote session and that appears to be helpful. I've added Messager Plus! on that remote system in hopes that addon would have something useful in my solving this problem. Perhaps a later Plug in for Msg Plus! will come out which auto pings or such to keep the connection active.

I'll search around for Msn IM 6.0, likely its not availiable thou at this time.

Again, thank you for updating Msn for mIRC, a really fine tool to have and use.

Pagans
Pagans

Post by Pagans »

Greetings andyc,

I located msn IM 6.00, uninstalled msn IM 7.5 and installed msn IM v6.00, whereupon I found that msn im v6.00 is too old to login to msn im's current servers. I'm not sure if v6.2 still functions, I'd have to wait for someone to give a positive update that msn IM v6.2 is still working before I would try that again.

Pagans