I’ve now written enough code for the PIC on the CatTrack base station such that I can begin to test it!
I’ve already tested comms with the CatTrack collar, using a development board instead of the base station. Read about that here.
Unfortunately, when testing my base station I found that it was nowhere near as sensitive as the development board – the base station was getting CRC errors whilst the development board was still receiving the signal fine. After a small bit of investigation I found out why. The problem is all down to the fact that I want to use the CC1125 at the lowest baud rate (300 bps), and consequently a very narrow receive bandwidth (3.8 kHz).